Wednesday, January 2, 2008
What I Knit This Year
Today was my first day back at work after Christmas . . . break (can't bring myself to call it vacation) let me just say that the day went slowly but that I was very productive and got all caught up by lunchtime. Can I get a "woot?"



So I've seen several blogs out there with the theme "What is the favorite thing you knit last year?" I decided that I too, would post on this topic. So without further ado, I would have to say that my favorite thing that I knit last year was the "Tilted Duster." I remember when I first saw this pattern. I knew that I would make it. As soon as I could, I bought the yarn on Knit Picks. I bought the worsted weight swish superwash in Clematis Heather. Eagerly I waited. The minute the yarn came in all other projects were set aside. I swatched and even washed my swatch which is a pretty big deal for me!




Fast forward to two weeks later and I had all the pieces ready for assembly. A sale at Jo-Anns led to the purchase of the most perfect buttons for this piece; delicate shell with scroll work detail. I even remember that I was watching "Fight Club" and drinking coffee while seaming. Ah, and then she was done. And she fit-- perfectly in fact. I wear it a great deal, in the office mostly at work since it is pretty hot in Florida, but I'm just glad to get to wear it. I get many compliments and have even been asked a few times where someone could buy one and have gotten the chance to say that I made it.




So yes, the Tilted Duster is my favorite knit in 2007 despite the fact that I even impressed myself by knitting this:




Happy New Year, what is your favorite thing you knit last year?
posted by Eileen at 6:11 PM -
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Eileen
Home: FL, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links I Like
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie