Monday, November 12, 2007
Just Call Me Speedy
I've been quite the prolific knitter lately. When we first moved to Tampa, I would say that I had two projects that had been languishing on the needles for more than six months. One was a blanket, and the other was my Telemark Sweater. It seemed as though any time I cast on for something new, there they were making me feel guilty about not finishing them. I know that there are many knitters out there who don't have this issue. They can cast on and knit willy-nilly. For me, the girl who hates unfinished business, well it isn't so easy. So without any further ado may I present a finished blanket:














And yes, here she is, my Telemark Sweater. Finished. I can't hardly believe it myself. This sweater is a personal benchmark in my knitting. I love new techniques and this sweater was full of them. Two handed, stranded knitting. Steeks and calculating my sweater pattern based on percentages. Well I'm happy to report that she is finished and is just lovely. And most importantly of all, she fits. I just wish it were cold enough to wear! I suppose one could crank up the A/C though ;)














And you didn't forget about my baby sweater obsession: yes, the February Baby Sweater is finished. I also made some lovely Sarrtje's Booties for good measure. I told the gals in my knitting group that the race is on, the first one of them to have a baby girl will receive the sweater and boots.






And while I'm on such a finishing roll, may I present my Swallowtail Shawl:














The great thing about being this way though is that I have so many finished things to show ya'll!
As a quick aside, I just want to say "Howdy" to all my gals from the SnB in San Antonio. I was thinking about you guys this weekend and sorely wishing I were there at Kid n' Ewe! A quick look at your blogs has shown me that you guys scored some good stuff. And Amanda, your yarns and bags are lovely!

Well that is all for now. I'm going to go and work on a super secret project now.
posted by Eileen at 12:42 PM -
3 Comments:
  • At November 12, 2007 at 5:51 PM, Blogger RobynR said…

    Dooooood that shawl! I have this raging need to make, oh I dunno, Adamas from it or something. February and matching booties are adorable too.
    Have fun with the mystery project . . . got the crazy glue handy?

     
  • At November 12, 2007 at 10:51 PM, Blogger janna said…

    They're ALL gorgeous, but especially the Telemark Sweater. I've just discovered colorwork (I mean, that I can maybe actually do it!) and am slight obsessed.

    And you were the fastest knitter in our group -- I can't imagine moving to Florida has made you a slower knitter!

     
  • At November 13, 2007 at 6:16 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    It's nice to find someone else who made the square up the circle throw. I thought it was a fun project to knit. Your telemark sweater is gorgeous.

     
Post a Comment
About Me
Name: Eileen
Home: FL, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links I Like
Credits


Brushes by Gvalkyrie